I’m just back from a wonderful weekend away with Northumbria CU.
- a bit of nostalgia at being back at Whithaugh Park – last time was 2002 and a NISCU Easter camp. It’s basically the same, but lot less stressful with 35 students rather than 50 tweenagers.
- a blessing having Drew Davis, pastor of ‘The House’ church in Newcastle, come to share with us.
- getting to know his lovely wife, Tami, and leading a seminar for the girls with her.
- studying the Pure course with everyone, and having some great chats about God’s design for relationships.
- getting to know Rachel and Grant, two delightful 5th year Newcastle University medics, who gave up a weekend to come and cook for us.
- discovering a Rachel-speciality – fizzy jelly (Jelly made with lemonade – it’s pretty awesome).
- being impressed by the costume party creativity.
- generally having a wonderful time getting to know all the lovely Northumbria folks a wee bit better.
In summary: Good, good times.