A week and a half ago I had a birthday.
This is what I did:
- Had coffee and chat with lovely Hannah – reading Hosea 2
- Went to a lunchbar with the title ‘Why would a loving God allow suffering?’ – and did a bit of flyering beforehand.
- Had some knitting fun (and gifts and cake) with Fiona, Jess and Kate.
- Went to Newcastle CU exec meeting, and enjoyed their rendition of ‘Happy Birthday to you’.
- Headed home, and was delighted to find lots of cards, and a bunch of flowers that had been placed in our recycling bin for safe-keeping.
- Had pizza and watched a DVD – which mightn’t sound thrilling, but frankly, with the people-heavy weeks I’ve been having recently, spending an evening alone was just the birthday treat I needed.
In summary: a wee bit older.