Happy Blogiversary to me! Today, Surrounded by Clouds is 3 years old.
In 2008 I arrived in WordPress with this brief, inspiringly named, but exciting little post. In 2009 I was in Jo’burg, suffering from a lack of internet, and quite forgot about the auspicious occasion of a first birthday. In 2010 I was in the midst of an almost successful blog-every-day month, I remembered the date and wrote this post.
Today I’ve spent a lovely day with the Newcastle CU committee as they planned for the year ahead. You can expect a post on that tomorrow, but for now, some facts and figures to celebrate the day.
- In the last year I have written 171 posts and received 233 comments.
- The average number of visitors per day this year is 20.6.
- The highest number of visitors I’ve received in one day in the last year (and the last 3 years actually) is 147, on April 7, 2011.
- The most popular search engine term leading people to my blog in the last year was ‘palm sunday’, with a grand total of 42.
- A very popular search engine term in the last three years is still my favourite English-Danish couple living in Belgium, the Koefoed-Jespersens, who have brought me 47 visitors.
- Some of the more interesting search times in the last year have included, oddly,’the role of St Michael in the eschaton’, sadly, ‘I hate Keswick Convention’, and the rather specific question of ‘Why wasn’t Viscount Severn at the wedding?’
- And, finally, here are some of my favourite posts over the last year.
- On the Royal Wedding: Where I talk about … well, you can probs work it out.
- On not my fault: Where I talk about some of my public transport misadventures.
- On stash: Where I talk about some Durham Uni quirks.
- On being five years old: Where I talk about all the churches I’ve ever been to.
- On the last day of the year: Where I talk about 2010 highlights.
- On wishing I was Joey Bettany: Where I talk about the Chalet School.
- On Newcastle’s ‘School of Discipleship’: Where I talk about Newcastle Houseparty.
- On students and their protests: Where I talk about rioting, marching and fee increases.
- On sewing and other dangerous sports: Where I talk about crafting drama.
- On Durham: Where I talk about university traditions.
- On the wedding of the year: Where I talk about my sister getting hitched.
- On domesticated policemen: Where I talk about a church coffee morning and PCSOs.
In summary: happy birthday blog.