Last week, at the final team days of the 2011/12 academic year, each of the staff and Relays was asked to share a three minute presentation of the past year.
Everyone took a slightly different approach:
- I talked about the two things that have dominated my thinking over the last 12 months: social networking (shared through the medium of some of my tweets) and Christ, the bridegroom (shared through a reading of some of Hosea 2).
- Emma showed us a video of the things that she was thankful to God for over her time on Relay (and was also the only one to make me cry).
- Paul did his entire presentation using a footballing analogy, which I didn’t really understand.
- Hamish resurrected his poetry-writing talents, last demonstrated at September team days when he composed an epic Ode to Doncaster.
- And both Simon and Andy performed songs that they had written.
Sadly, I didn’t manage to record Simon’s masterpiece, but I got a wee video of Andy, managing to fit a year into only 2 minutes and 1 second. Apparently, when he originally performed the song (at the final Relay conference, a week earlier) he had had a slide show of photos, and the lyrics, so this was a little bit more of a low-budget, live-lounge sort of effort. Made more amusing by the fact that he had to call Mike in to act as a human capo.
Anyway, here it is:
In summary: a good year.