It’s my birthday! And it’s the last one of the twenties.
The reality of this steady creeping towards old age has hit home over the last month or so when my first grey hair was spotted (and swiftly removed, natch.), but on the plus side, I did get asked for ID in Aldi yesterday, so perhaps I don’t always look my age.
But, since there’s now but a year left until the big 3-0, I think it might be time to make a list of things to do before I get there. I’ve been trawling the internet looking at other people’s lists for inspiration, and I’ve found lists where I have already completed items, and lists where I know for sure that I am not going to complete them in a year (or, you know, ever), so I really need to come up with my own achievable goals. 30 of them, preferably, but reasonably, just a few more than my current list of 6.
Here’s what I’ve got so far, but I could do with some help to extend it:
- Learn a language. I have a sprinkling of words of 6 languages, but I’d quite like to be able to conduct a wee conversation in one by this time next year.
- Watch Star Wars. Never seen it, never really wanted to see it; but it’s one of those films that everyone’s seen, and I don’t like to be left out.
- Get a tattoo. I got one done when I was 20, so another one in time to celebrate my 30th birthday seems like a nice idea.
- Visit another country. So far my tally is at 13 (I think) and it would be lovely to be able to add another to that list.
- Learn to drive. Or at the very least, to have started to learn again.
- Read War and Peace. Or some other worthy, weighty tome that I really ought to read but never have.
And that’s all I’ve got. Please help me out and suggest a few more things, or let me know what you would put on your own list and I’ll see if I want to nick your ideas.
In summary: lists.